#1 Virtual Seniors Community in Canada
Discussing Options
My mom is in the hospital and she might need to go to a nursing home. Can we fill out the forms and arrange it without bothering her with the information or does she have to be involved in the planning?
Stan G Ottawa, ON

No decision can or should be made for someone who is competent without their consent. As well, as part of the application package for CCAC (Community Care Access Centre), if the person is deemed capable they must sign the form themselves. It is simply not fair to your mother, if she is capable of understanding, to make such a monumental decision without her knowledge. As difficult a process as it is, she needs to know and be involved in it. It is simply not right to send her straight to a nursing home from a hospital without explanation or a chance for her to understand why or where she is going.
  Back to Results

Lumino Health
Comprehensive Guide to Retirement Living in Canada

Comprehensive Guide to Retirement Living®
(FREE PDF Download)

Canada-wide – 22nd Edition

  • What is a Retirement Residence? and Who Needs One?
  • Retirement Residence & Long-Term Care Visiting Tips –Important Questions to Ask and Things to Look For when touring
  • Emotional Aspects of Relocation
  • How to Make the Transition Easier
  • What if a Retirement Community is not the Right Option?
  • What is Long-Term Care?
  • Community Resources
  • Housing Options
  • Resource information on goods and services for seniors
Get it Here



The Guide

The Guide

Follow Us
Senioropolis on Facebook
Senioropolis on Twitter
Senioropolis on LinkedIn
Senioropolis on Pinterest
Senioropolis on YouTube
Senioropolis on Blogger
Retirement Resources
Retirement Resources